Friday, April 24, 2015

Guardians Of The Galaxy (late review)

I never got around to posting a few of my movie reviews...so this is a bit late in the game.
For someone who is not well versed and familar with their story...I had to do my own research and look back at past comics and such. This movie definitely blew all the other Marvel movies out of the water. Even Captain America The Winter Soldier. NOT that the other movies were bad, they just keep getting better and better. The story was solid, special effects were awesome, soundtrack was good, and it was connected to the MCU, but in a distant way. There were no mentions of Stark, Cap, Thor, Loki...etc etc etc. BUT let's flashback to mid-credits scene in the Avengers. Remember that evil looking purple dude Thanos?? Well to my surprise he had a full scene in Guardians of the Galaxy, which was awesome to say the least. Eventually The Avengers as well as Loki will have to deal with Thanos. So that is what we look forward to. Guardians was Marvel's first good shot at a Action/Sci-Fi/Comedy. It had every emotion you could imagine. To me Rocket Raccoon and Groot stole the show. Chris Pratt AKA Star Lord did an amazing job as well as Zoey Zeldana as Gomorrah and Dave Batista as Drax. The characters meshed well and made for an amazing film from Marvel. There is already Guardians of the Galaxy 2 being developed and planned. You really don't have to see any of the other films to see this one. I was expecting a little more connecting but overall the film was great. The only thing I was real disappointed with were the mid and post credits scene. While the mid scene was cute and hilarious, I was hoping for one that would lead into Avengers or another MCU film. The post credits scene was the most disappointing. NOT sure where Marvel was head with that. They say it was just for fun, but why not do one that actually connected it to another upcoming film. Overall though it was awesome and will definitely want to see again. 5 stars from me. And that's my side of it. See you at the movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment